Friday, January 23, 2009

This is for bits of myself

1. what did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Took Tarceva, went to Hawaii, walked in a lava tube, went surfing, went down a 150-foot water slide! Potty trained my son.

2. did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am not sure I made any. I never do, really, because it seems awfully pointless, what with me never keeping them and all.

3. did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Ms. Breadwinner had a second son, lucky thing!

4. did anyone close to you die?
Uhm I don't think so...

5. what countries did you visit?
The United States of America

6. what would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A drug/treatment that kills cancer or at least stops it from growing.

7. what date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 6, 2008 was my darling son's first birthday.

8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my son completely potty trained by the age of 23 months.

9. what was your biggest failure?
The fact that my son somehow lost the ability to poop in the potty, so is no longer completely potty trained at the age of 24 months. (Still is pee-trained!)

10. did you suffer illness or injury?
I still have cancer.

11. what was the best thing you bought?
My infinity tattoo.

12. whose behavior merited celebration?
My son of course! He is a sweetheart all the time, but his behavior while traveling is exemplary.

13. whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sigh.

14. where did most of your money go?
Bills.

15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?
The presidential election.

16. what song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't have this type of awareness about songs and years. I listened to lots of music and lots of types of music this year. I guess satellite radio has brought more new music to me than I was listening to for the last few years...

17. compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Both.
thinner or fatter? Fatter.
richer or poorer? Richer.

18. what do you wish you’d done more of?
Always wish I had spent more time doing cool activities with my son. Where does the time go?

19. what do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending time in hospitals and visiting doctors.

20. how did you spend christmas?
My husband wanted to celebrate Christmas this year (I am a Hanukkah girl myself). I watched my son open gifts, then we all went to our favorite Indian buffet.

21. did you fall in love in 2008?
With Hawaii.

22. what changes did you make to “green up” your lifestyle?
More awareness in general, better recycling practices.

23. what was your favorite tv show?
Oh dear...Top Chef? Project Runway? House Hunters? I watch very little tv (only when the little one is asleep).

24. do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

25. what was the best book you read?
Difficult to answer, since I read so many books and I do not have dates on my book list...I do not know if I finished it in 2008 or 2009, but The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver was an amazing discovery.

26. what was your greatest musical discovery?
Coldplay I think.

27. what did you want and get?
An amazing vacation with my husband and my son.

28. what did you want and not get?
A cure for cancer.

29. what was your favorite film of this year?
???? Film? What's that?

30. what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went surfing on Oahu! 35!

31. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my oncologist had been more proactive in having my tumor tissue genetically tested. If my oncologist had been more concerned about finding out why, not just throwing the standard of care at me.

32. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Well, I wasn't naked. I did make an effort to buy new, more flattering clothes...probably did not work.

33. what kept you sane?
My son.

34. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama

35. what political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare

36. whom did you miss?
My mom when she was not with me and my husband when he was not with me.

37. who was the best new person you met?
SteadyHands

38. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I don't have time to hang out with people I don't like.

39. quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Sorry, I've got nothing here...

40. tag five people to post their answers to this 2008 wrap-up meme. please link back to this blog from yours.
I am going to skip this step. If you feel like playing, please do so! bits of myself tagged me and asked me to link back to her, so I hope this is good enough. :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

yay I am the bestest! :D

And I love the Poisonwood Bible too - most anything Kingsolver, actually (have you read The Bean Trees?). I think you would also like Bastard Out Of Carolina, it has a similar style and feel. It's another fave of mine, though I haven't read it for years.