Friday, January 11, 2013

Bird Watching Report

My back yard feeder. 

My feeder is becoming more popular among the finch crowd. I now see both American Goldfinches and House Finches on a daily basis. I took the photo above with my iPhone from my kitchen window, so it is not the best image, but you can see 3 American Goldfinches are there! I decided to take a photo because there were 5 sitting there, but by the time I got the camera on, only 3 were still there.

This morning, while sitting in my office chatting online with my brother, I saw the following species:
1) Cardinal
2) Titmouse
3) Chickadee
4) House Wren
5) Dark-eyed Junco
6) Red-bellied Woodpecker
7) House Finch
8) American Goldfinch
9) Nuthatch

At one point there was a flock (8 birds total, at least 3 males) of House Finches just having a great time eating and socializing at the feeder while a House Wren hopped around the deck. So beautiful! It is difficult to tear myself away from my bird watching to go clean the bathroom but I have to. My parents are on their way here for a weekend visit.

No comments: