Friday, April 1, 2011

Backhanded Compliments

OK, not really. The truth is Captain Adorable is just innocently honest and says what he thinks. Thank goodness what he has been saying is complimentary. Here are two recent ones.

I made french toast for his breakfast and after telling me how delicious it was, he offered me a bite. (Which I longed to indulge in but did not take since I knew if I had the bite I'd have a whole piece of my own!) I said, "no thank you." With a smile on his face, he asked, "if you eat it you will get fat again?"

 We were driving home from preschool, talking about what we were going to do when we got home. The plan was to eat lunch and then paint the rudder. (That boat paint has to be applied outside and can only be put on when the temperature is at least 50, so the window of time was important. This was the only time Captain Obvious asked me to paint the boat, so far anyhow haha.) Captain Adorable was asking what I would wear--he loves wearing his work clothes or "paint clothes," and he's noticed I haven't got any. He told me I would have to wear "a pair of pants that is old and too big for you, like your grey pants." A sunburst-like swell of love for him surged through my heart at that moment!

My 4-year-old notices the change I've worked so hard for! :D

1 comment:

Diana said...

HA HA HA ooooh these little kids are so funny! :D

For what it's worth, you were never actually "fat." In my opinion. Even though you are absolutely gorgeous now!