Sunday, June 7, 2009

Playing and Joking

Captain Adorable loves tools and construction vehicles (like bulldozers, excavators, etc.). He has a toy bull dozer and excavator, more than one dump truck, and a couple of front loaders. He plays with them a lot, and would love it if I would allow the sandy ones into the house. Actually, this morning he brought his large wooden dump truck into our bed! When told that trucks were not allowed in the bad, he just took it into his bed, which did satisfy me. How my standards have changed! In not-too-distant past, I kept the bed as a sanctuary of cleanliness. Now I'm happy if there is no sand or pee in it! :) Right now he is playing with his saw, a weird looking thing that was put together with wooden pieces and screws from his tool box. He plays with it often, which is pretty cool. He makes very authentic saw noises when using it.

The other day Captain Adorable made a very funny joke, at my expense. :) I thought it was hilarious, so I am going to record it here. It was a rainy day, so we went to the big mall where they have the big aquarium with the big fish. While we were walking around, I noticed some really cute shirts in a store window, so I took us in there for a little shopping. Captain Adorable is not a cooperative shopper, and complains loudly at being shut in a dressing room with me, which makes it hard to try on or evaluate clothes. So, the first dressing room we go in, he says it stinks, so I tell him he can chose the dressing room. We have to go check out all the dressing rooms (I have the stroller, an armful of clothes, and I am trying to herd my son, so not the easiest walk around the place). He finally settles on a dressing room next to someone else (not what I would have chosen). The whole time I am trying on clothes, he's keeping up a commentary about how the place stinks, and he tries to open the door to leave, and finally he's lying on the floor, head and shoulders out of the dressing room, the rest of his cute little self directly in my way...

Finally he stands up and tells me "stinks in here." I ask him "what stinks, honey?" He gets a big smile on his face and points and says, "Mama's butt."

It was definitely loud enough for our neighbor t0o hear...I thought it was hilarious, though, and cracked up!

4 comments:

Jocelyne said...

LOL, boys will be boys!

Michelle said...

Our little guy is just a month younger and the potty jokes are HILARIOUS to him right now. I struggle between not encouraging the poo-poo/bum-bum talk and catching his infectious cackle myself :). Must say - I just stopped trying clothes on entirely.

Amina said...

Lovely! I hope the person in the next cublicle heard and laughed as well!

b_e_small said...

That's hilarious!