Tuesday, January 10, 2012

RFA Tomorrow (Wednesday, January 11)

Today I planned to take Capt. Adorable ice skating. Got all dressed and ready and drove there, only to confront a closed gate at the entrance. Of Course! The park is closed on Tuesdays. Boohoo. We were both disappointed.

So, instead we visited a local wild bird food store, went to the library to pick up some books about microscopes and making slides that I had reserved a few days ago, then stopped at the grocery store, and then home. On the way here and there we talked about things ranging from how radio waves are different from sound waves, to letter sounds, to several what-if type questions about the procedure tomorrow. Once home, the discussion got a little more intense and we did cry together a little. I told him that it is normal to worry and that he can always talk to me and Daddy about this. I told him that the doctors are well educated and experienced and that they will be able to make good decisions no matter what happens, even if it is something they do not expect.

Later, we discussion letter sounds some more, and I suggested he write the word "poop" on his chalk board. First he wrote PEP, then when I told him the sound an E makes, he wrote PUP, and then I told him the "oo" sound in "poop" is made with 2 o's. So, he wrote POOP. Then we talked about the word fart. He was able to write FART with some coaching, but no answers, from me. I was so proud. ;) Then he pointed out that dart sounds like fart and we discussed how it would be spelled (he did not want to write it, but did spell it aloud).

A visit to the post office to mail thank-you notes, some driving around the neighborhood, a visit with a friend (and her 2 kids), and then home to cook dinner, where I ran out of steam. We ended up going out to eat and walked over to the bookstore afterwards. It was nice.

Everything is packed for Capt. Adorable's day (and potentially, his night) tomorrow. Now I'm off to  shower and bed.

Captain Obvious may update this blog with news of the procedure tomorrow, or maybe I will. Arrival time is 7:00 am and the RFA is scheduled for 9:00. I was told on the phone that there are 2 reasons for me to stay overnight: 1) if I vomit too much and 2) I must be able to walk. So, the goal is no puking (and accept the anti-nausea meds offered, despite the knowledge that they will cause constipation) and walk walk walk so I can go home home home.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Praying for you today, my friend!