Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Delays

Because we need to wait for the results of the PET scan on Thursday, we're putting some things off. For instance, we were going to put our house on the market this week, but now we are going to delay that. We were going to get out and do some more house hunting and now we are going to delay that, too.

There were some tears shed last night by both me and Captain Obvious. I cried about it a bit today, too. I am scared and I just want to be healthy for a while. Just peaceful and happy for a few months or even a year.

We're still pushing ahead on getting the house ready for the market, though. Still on track, just a slower track. Still living my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too wishing you well for thursday. I've just been catchin up on your blog having not looked for a few days. I can understand you feeling miffed if people shrug off your life and death situation. It was TS Eliot who said 'human kind cannot bear very much reality'. I don't know your brother, but I very much doubt he's gone off you. I imagine he's finding it really hard to come to terms with and probably just can't figure out how to relate to you in this situation. You can yell and say it's all your problem, but of course you know it isn't. If he won't answer your calls maybe you should write to him (like a 'real' letter on paper which he can't ignore and can put in his pocket???
love you... (just had a flash memory of you standing on a table and yelling!)
xx
Amina

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,

Heard about you from an old friend from UMD Geog. You might remember me. We used to go out with those guys back in 1999-2000. Really sorry to hear about you being sick and just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and hope that things will get better for you. I think that you are incredibly brave and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Katalin