Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another Yeast Infection!

Well, I still have not managed to sit down and describe the ablation in detail, but I am now dealing with a yeast infection on my skin surrounding the ablation site. It is itchy and prickly and I wish the medicine I took to make it go away (Diflucan) worked faster. I am allergic to the over-the counter ointments usually used to get rid of yeast infections, so finding relief is difficult. Ugh. Poor babies that get yeast infection diaper rashes! I had a yeast infection on my skin around the surgery site after the lung surgery in September, so I am beginning to think that something that is used to clean my skin must change my skin's pH or kill good microbes that live on my skin or something. This yeast infection stuff is pretty annoying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for you...I haven't checked your blog in a while, but I caught up last night...I pray this cancer just becomes an annoyance in a long, fulfilling life for you...

And yes...the antibiotics they give you when they do an invasive procedure kills the "good" germs too - thus leaving you open for raging yeast infections...yucky...

Anonymous said...

oh poor you. maybe you have to bathe in yogurt instead of asses milk :-)

glad to hear the ablation went ok - and specially to hear that you could come home and sleep in your own bed.

any more of that yeast and you'll have to start a bakery or a brewery.

Amina
xxxxxxxxxxx