Saturday, October 23, 2010

Leaves, Short Cuts, and More!

Captain Adorable and I are in Tennessee, visiting my dear parents for a week. We've had so many wonderful, fun adventures it is hard to remember them all, much less write about them! So far I helped my mom with the continuing work on the straw bale house by sculpting leaves (made of clay, well, really render which is a mixture of clay, sand, water, straw, and a few other things) on one of the walls of the living room. Last visit I helped by sculpting trees, so it was nice to finish them off with leaves this time. Tomorrow I plan to finish up some leaves in the bedroom.

Of course the leaves on the trees outside are gorgeous too! (But were beautiful in Maryland as well.)

Captain Adorable has been having more and more fun on the daily walks my parents take and has become enamored of short cuts. Of course his short cuts are not shorter at all, but are really more explorations into places off the path. :)

Today we went to a local fall festival. There was pumpkin decorating, a pony ride, a hot dog with mustard and ketchup, lots of old friends (hi! had no idea you were reading my blog, but glad to hear you are!), and more. Whew I am tired!

OK, time to go help mom cook dinner. More later and hopefully pics next time too.

No comments: