Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve

We had my friend Steady Hands, her husband, her daughter, and her parents over for dinner and to celebrate New Year's Eve. Captain Obvious made brisket and lamb on the grill. I made a romaine salad with carrots, red onion, and feta; roasted golden potatoes and butternut squash with sage, and garlic-cumin wilted spinach. (I had tofurky for protein in case you are interested.) My friend brought a delicious fresh baked bread and flourless chocolate cake. We served the cake with pecan-honey ice cream that Captain Obvious made the night before. Quite a delicious feast! We used the dishes and silver my grandma gave me for my wedding, so we had the proper plates and cutlery for everything and I got to have a few moments of remembering my grandma while using these things that remind me so much of her.
The table just before dinner began.
We stayed up far too late (though really didn't drink much) and had a great time ringing in the new year. I hope your celebrations were as perfect for you as this one was for us. Happy 2011 Everyone! May the New Year bring us all good health, love, peace, and joy.

1 comment:

mamefati28 said...

Happy New Year! Much continued good health and love to you this year!