Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Feeling Rushed

There are so many things I have wanted to write about recently. I've been thinking a lot about Society. Race, class, the economy, neighborhoods, cultural attitudes, neighbors who do or do not fit in with my world view, my religious views, family, friends, education, travel, literacy, environmental impact of subdivisions on the integrity of the Cheasapeake Bay. You get the picture. I'd like to share more, to write about these things as a means of sorting out my own feelings/thoughts and I have been So Very Busy lately.

Here's an excerpt of an email I sent my Dad this morning:
We hired movers (so-and-so couldn't make it after all and such-and-such couldn't do it after all and other people were out of town...) to empty the pods. We paid them for 3 hours but they got it done in 2! There are still many unfinished projects around the house (I can't put things in the cabinets in the dining room because the cabinets will fall over unless they are attached to the wall, and Captain Obvious has not been able to get to that, for instance) and our clothes and linens are not unpacked yet. I still need to clean the cabinets in the laundry room and the bathroom, so many things are still waiting to be unpacked. We are still living out of suitcases. We closed on Friday, the movers came on Sunday, the pod was taken away on Monday and the radon remediation people arrived on Monday. Tuesday Captain Obvious went back to work and Captain Adorable and I spent ALL DAY driving around running errands (get the last things out of the house in Takoma Park, go shopping for new bathmats et cetera, go to the dentist, take back one last library book to the library where we used to go, drive past the old house since we're so close, stop at the drug store to pick up my prescription, the finally home to cook dinner.) We left at about 10 and got home about 6. Today I'm going to spend most of the day at Johns Hopkins. When I get home we are going to meet with the contractor to talk about getting the floor joists and the door fixed. Tomorrow our first house guests arrive. Fortunately, they say they are willing to work, so maybe next week we will have our clothes out of the suitcases. Woke up this morning to a wet bed (pee). We've got to get Captain Adorable's bed set up!

In addition, I hope this is not too much information, but last night i finally pooped. First time since Nov. 5! I feel much better now, as you may imagine.

It is harder to move with a child because although he is very cooperative and helpful, and will play by himself for long periods of time, he does still need attention and activity. We've still not gone to either of the neighborhood playgrounds, but we have walked down to the water twice (well, Capt.Adorable and I, Capt. Obvious stayed home to work) and Capt. Adorable loves walking in the leaves!

In addition to the above, I've just stopped chemo but now I'm on steroids to prepare for the CT scan today.

I would add that today while I was at JHH, the captains ran errands and worked on putting furniture together, so we have a place for the house guests to sleep! They also discovered that there is a leak from the sink drain pipe from the powder room on the main floor. So, now we've got to come up with money and time to do that project. Guess we know what our friends are going to be helping with during their visit! Thank goodness for family and friends.

Yes, feeling a little rushed. Haven't had time to post about my thoughts.

No comments: