Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thankgiving!

We didn't go snorkeling. I awoke to a gorgeous sunrise at 5:48am. The Captains and I were on the beach by 6:15. We played in the waves, we dug in the sand, we saw some iguanas and squirrels in the trees. We took a hike to other, less populated beaches (meaning only 2 people instead of 10), where we saw beautiful rocks and some cute little crabs scrabbling around on the rocks. We came back, collected the rest of the family, and went to breakfast by 9:00. After breakfast we saw some monkeys, an iguana, and a hummingbird. We went back to the room. I tried to get Captain Adorable to take a nap but he was not into it and instead I fell asleep. I woke up at 1:00, having slept for about 2 hours! Then the Captains and I went to the pool, to play with another little guy who we met last night at dinner. The boys had fun together, but the other parents did not seem too interested in hanging out, so I did not try for a repeat meeting time. Then we came back to the room and Capt. Adorable took a nap. I sat on the veranda and read emails and talked and listened to the waves. Captain Adorable has just woken up. The whole family is on the veranda now. Bob Marley is on the mp3 player (Lively Up Yourself at the moment). There are chips, cheese, bread, and water on the table. We'll probably pop out some beers here pretty soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to see such wondrous places. So many don't get to live that life, and see those sites. Enjoy them fully, as well as your time with your family.

Angie said...

Sounds absolutely divine:) I have been reading your blog for quite some time(linked through Mothering.commune some time ago) and can't tell you how thrilled I am that you are doing well! Enjoy your holidays!