Saturday, April 17, 2010

We're Here

The ride from Maryland to Tennessee was long but uneventful. We stopped several times, but it was still not too bad (we left at about 11:00 and arrived at about 8:00). It is harder for Captain Adorable now that he is more aware of time. Now more than ever he knows he has been in the car all day long, if you know what I mean.

But we passed the time pretty well. We talked and ate bad things (cookies and s'mores crackers). We listened to music. He read a book for almost an hour (I love Richard Scarry!) and watched a video (Bob The Builder) for about an hour and a half. We talked some more. He was so happy when we crossed the mountain! And when we finally drove up the driveway he was beside himself. The dogs were extremely excited and happy to see us, as were Oma and Opa.

As I had promised him, we stayed up late: 10:30! Once in our respective beds, we fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep until 8:00 (almost unheard of in our house). He had a fabulous day helping at the building site and playing outside. I am sure he will have another wonderful day tomorrow.

My biggest problem at the moment is: I have cold feet and I am not sure where my socks are. (I think that will tell you something about how I am feeling as well.)

1 comment:

alexis224 said...

I know that drive SO well. It's long even without a toddler to entertain. Sounds like you were well prepared with entertainment and goodies though! We're taking our two to England in July (my brother lives there now with his wife and three kids). I'm already feeling extremely anxious about it, I seriously do not know how we will manage that looooong flight. Cookies are out (unless they are laced with tranquilizers ha ha), singing will probably earn us some hairy eyeballs...Richard Scary is always good though! Glad you guys arrived safely.