Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rearrangement

While my parents were visiting Captain Obvious and I took advantage of my dad's carrying powers and my mom's distraction powers (to help little man stay out of the proceedings) and rearranged some furniture. We had discussed several little changes and one series of big changes several times, and we got to put them all into existence in the same afternoon. Big change! Makes me happy because it opens up a room so much and makes the house feel a big bigger.

Now I have to decide if I want to attempt painting 2 small breakfronts (hutch plus cabinet) or just going with the current honey oak/maple look they've currently got going. Once that's decided, I can move those cabinets into place and bring the bookcases (currently in the dining room) out to the family room. And then I can finally unpack books. I have missed my books over the past year; I am eager to get them back for good. Nice how rearranging things makes such a big impact.

No comments: