Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Time In Public

Today the waterproof covers/pants I ordered arrived. (I got the white Bummis Super Whisper Wrap.) They are designed for use with cloth diapers, so they are soft and comfy. To celebrate the occasion, when I went to the organic food store, I left Captain Adorable in his training pants and just put the cover on over them. When we got home, over an hour later, he was still dry. It was a very small achievement, but I am proud of him. We may in fact be done with diapers, except for when sleeping.

This does not mean that we are done with accidents. :) Accidents are still going to happen; this is a two-steps-forward-one-step-back type process and I am fully prepared to continue to have 2-4 wet pairs of training pants per day for a few weeks. Some days there are less and some days there are more accidents. I am fully confident that Captain Adorable will stay dry all day at some point in the next few months.

Now all we need is to learn to poop in the potty...sigh.

No comments: