Monday, August 4, 2008

Thanks! However...

...would it make you feel different to know that I was feeling angry and alone because I was angry at Captain Obvious? I was feeling alone because I was, literally, alone. We had a friend over for dinner and Captain Obvious decided he wanted to go out to a bar with the friend, leaving me alone with Captain Adorable to do bath time, bed time, and then just be by myself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sweet little son but I also like our friends. I like hanging out with adults! I was looking forward to sitting out on the deck with a bottle of wine and some adult conversation. Instead I felt angry and impotent and abandoned.

We had a discussion. I feel better now. I am also pretty sure that we are going to have this argument again, seeing as this was the third or fourth time we've had it since the beginning of the summer. Sigh.

Moving Along...
Today was a little difficult as I have been tired, have a very sore throat, a big raw sore place on the inside of my lip, and have diarrhea again. Thanks, Tarceva. Captain Adorable was a sweetheart (as usual) today and we had fun together while grocery shopping. I never knew a honeydew could be so wonderful!

We're pretty busy for the next 4-6 weeks. Next weekend we're going camping (yay!). The weekend after that my half-sister is coming to visit for a few days with her boyfriend. (Have not seen her in over 10 years, so this should be interesting...plus the guest room is currently full of boxes I am going to have to Do Something About before they arrive so that they can sleep in there!) The weekend after that Mrs. Breadwinner is having a birthday party for her son on Saturday, who is turning 3, and that Sunday I am going to participate in a yard to sale to sell some of this useless baby crap (I mean, fine products that are helpful and necessary)..then on Tuesday we are (drumroll!!! cymbal crash!!!) leaving for 2 weeks in Hawaii! Yipeee! I've ordered some extra bathing suits for myself and a sunblock shirt for Captain Adorable (because sunblock is just such a complicated proposition)...bought him some flip flops today. SO CUTE!

Should be a lot of fun, to hang out with my husband and my son with nothing to do but enjoy ourselves for a while. For part of the trip (9 days), we've rented a house with my brother and my sister-in-law, so that will make it all even more fun! Oh I am so looking forward to everything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, I was worried about you!
Hawaii is gonna be so nice..hopefully you will get some adult time there. You are a strong, positive momma. Thanks for always helping me look for the good things.

AP said...

In molding our life partners, sometimes it is necessary to speak loudly AND carry a big stick.

Anonymous said...

hawaii?! how wonderful! i can't wait to hear all about it. you'd better take lots of pictures for us!

and i agree about carrying the big stick. kick him in the ass because you need him to do what makes Y-O-U feel good right now. he can have his moments later when you are feeling better!