Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Out and About

Today we went to music class, then went to an organic grocery store we don't usually get to, then ate lunch at a picnic table outside, then bought some wooden play fruit at another natural store nearby. Then we went to the mall and rode the carousel, looked at the animals on display in the pet store windows, played in the play area (and golly dern my son likes to jump off of stuff!), had a look at boy clothes, ate some ice cream, and rode the carousel once more before heading to the car. I buckled Captain Adorable in his seat, then got into my seat and started the engine. I glanced back at him and he was asleep!

We stopped at home for about a minute--to grab the keys of Ms. Resourceful's place (I left the car windows open and ran up and down my front steps to retrieve the keys from right inside the door, and I only left him in the car because he was asleep.) Once at her place, I carried him inside with me and let him sleep on her couch while I watered and watered and watered her parched plants. When I picked him up to carry him back to the car to go home, he woke up, so he only slept for about 40 minutes. I hope this late nap will not affect his ability to go to sleep at bedtime.

He scarfed down dinner, so at least I know the ice cream did not ruin his appetite. :)

3 comments:

Diana said...

oh shoot did I miss the music class? Darn but things have been CRAZY stressful with all the deadlines around here. :(

Anonymous said...

How did your scan go?

Rose said...

Hi Anonymous, Thank you for asking. As soon as I have the scan on August 12 (JHH changed the scan date, as discussed/complained about in this post: http://motherhoodandcancer.blogspot.com/2009/07/that-took-forever.html) I will write to update everyone. Although I am preparing for a result saying I have to start chemo again immediately, it is possible that I could have a few more weeks of freedom before starting again. Have to wait and see.