Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alternative Thanksgiving

As regular readers of this blog will know, the Captains and I spent Thanksgiving 2009 in Costa Rica. I did not miss the meal because, being a life long lacto-ovo vegetarian, I am not so impressed by turkey. (Although of course I know others care a lot about it!) So, Thanksgiving is not a national holiday in Costa Rica (duh) and there was no Thanksgiving meal at the hotel where we stayed (why would there be?). I thought Captain Obvious didn't care until yesterday, when he announced to me that he was going to make a grilled turkey and a have a "fake Thanksgiving" dinner tonight.

And here we are, my little family of me, my husband and my son, my dad, Capt. Obvious' two aunts, and his brother all gathered around our dining table (first meal in our new dining room) and it sure felt like Thanksgiving to me! The food was delicious. I am so thankful to be here with these people surrounding me, all gathering together as a family. Felt really good.

I am so very lucky and so very spoiled. I have many many things to be thankful for!

No comments: