Saturday, January 9, 2010

Itching

Here's another complaint. (Can't say I didn't warn you!) Once again I am itchy, itchy, itchy. I told the nurse that I think I have a yeast infection on the skin around the surgery site. Of course the nurse said the same thing nurses always say, "Are you sure this isn't a tape allergy?" I said, well, it looks like a yeast infection to me, and bot at my last thorecotomy and at teh RFA site I had the same thing, so yes I think it is a yeast infection. The doctor was sent in and sure enough he also thinks it is a yeast infection. Of course I am allergic to miconazole, so he has to be convinced to prescribe me Diflucan...he wants to try Nystatin cream...please just give me what I know works. Maybe there is some concern over drug interactions? If there is it would be nice if he'd tell me so...anyhow, hopefully my next update will be about how the Diflucan came and everything is much better now.

No comments: