Thursday, January 24, 2008

Complaining About Feeling Sick

OK, I am going to complain a bit. This morning I felt bad. I woke up for the first time at 5:44 because I heard Captain Adorable's voice from the master bedroom. I decided to try to go back to sleep. I woke again at 6:15 to the sound of my son's voice, again. I decided to try to doze a bit more. At 6:45 I woke up because my husband yelled "Mommy Pants!" (He calls me Mommy Pants as a little pet name sometimes--really only in the morning when he wakes up and he wants me to come get in bed with him and Captain Adorable.) My cough is still with me. This morning every time I coughed it caused me to throw up a little. There was nothing in my stomach, so I just threw up stomach bile (nasty). My nose was all dry and bloody, so every time I blew my nose the tissue was all red. I am still sick with the little cold Captain Adorable brought home from the library, and this morning I had to blow my nose often. So, picture it, there I was, sitting on the toilet trying to answer the call of nature, coughing and throwing up in the trash can, with a bloody nose. Pleasant way to greet the day. On top of that, the vein that has been hurting (phlebitis, hope I spelled that right) in my right arm was still feeling bad.

Fortunately my sweet husband agreed to work from home this afternoon. That meant I would have the opportunity to take a nap. Heavenly. I only slept for an hour and a half, but I fell asleep as soon as I got in bed, so I guess my body really needed that nap.

Captain Adorable has not eaten well today. I do not know why he has been so uninterested in eating, but even getting his breakfast into him this morning was harder than normal. Usually he hungrily eats 1 and a half to 2 four-ounce yogurts but this morning he was not even interested in finishing one! I managed to feed him the other one after his morning nap...but he did not eat a good lunch or a good dinner. He did have his quota of four servings of yogurt, so I know he got enough protein today...he wouldn't eat any of the butternut squash puree I made last night (he liked it and ate it happily last night) from baked butternut squash and milk. I hope he will eat better tomorrow.

He went to sleep easily tonight (just like every night) but he woke up at 9:45 and now, at 10:05, he is still being helped back to sleep by Captain Obvious. I hope he is not awake because he is hungry. If so, Captain Obvious is not going to have a good night...

My Mom and Dad are arriving on Saturday. I look forward to seeing them both. They are going to care for Captain Adorable while Captain Obvious and I go to the hospital for my CT scan and appointment with the oncologist on Monday.


Anonymous said...

You're in the home stretch. Keep it up!

Mame FatiMDC said...

Always sending you good thoughts...sorry you dont feel good, I hope you dont feel that bad again! Good luck on monday, we will all be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts.