Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oncologists

As I wrote before, I am very disappointed with the amount of work that I, as a cancer patient, have to do to care for myself. My whole life I have known not to trust doctors and to always do the research for oneself...and yet, as incongruous as it may seem, I did expect that in this situation I would get much more help and information from doctors. I feel helpless and over whelmed. Thank goodness for Captain Obvious and for my FIL, who is helping us so much with this task.

Looks like maybe we need to go talk to another oncologist guy in New York now at the Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Supposedly he can really advise us on clinical trials. I feel frustrated with the need to make yet another journey to see another expert. How many experts are enough? Can any of them really help me? Am I just effing doomed?

Yes, I think the answer is yes.

1 comment:

Papaya Mom said...

If it makes you feel any better - I've been really pleased with the Dr.s at SK being able to interact with each other quickly instead of the "I'll give you a referral and then that other Dr. you need to see will see you in three years" stuff.