Monday, February 23, 2009

Hungry Boy!

At about 3 or 4 in the morning last night Captain Adorable woke up and asked his parents for pizza. Neither of us hopped out of bed to give it to him, but when he woke up at 6:30, crying for food, we dragged ourselves out from between the covers to give him a good breakfast. I guess I did not really have to get up, since Captain Obvious makes good breakfast, but I threw up a couple times when we woke up so I decided to come downstairs for tea and meds and to watch my little one stuff his face. He was asking us to go to a restaurant, for sausage, eggs, pizza, all sorts of things! Right now he is sitting next to me at the kitchen table, noshing on an egg and cheese and ham sandwich that Captain Obvious whipped up. Poor guy has eaten so fast that he just coughed up a whole bunch. Yuck. I am now coaching him through eating his breakfast more slowly and with plenty of pauses for little sips of water.

I think my tea is ready, so soon I will take some more anti-nausea drugs and get pulled back to the world of sleep.

No comments: