Friday, February 27, 2009

Not Bad

Today I do not feel bad. I don't feel normal, but this morning when I woke up I was able to behave somewhat like a normal me (was able to change the sheets on our bed (sigh--diarrhea diaper leak last night), and make breakfast for Captain Adorable!!). I was even able to drive myself to the hospital to have my white blood counts checked (my poor dad was struck down by a bout of vomiting at the last minute and really could not drive me)! I was pretty tired when I got home and had a 2.5-3 hour nap with Captain Adorable (oh those little moments of joy, even sleeping with my little one brings us closer together) . I am still tired, but not as totally exhausted as yesterday or the day before.

My blood counts are all perfect (YAY!) and the nurse said that probably the effects of the Oxaliplatin are wearing off and that is why I am feeling better. I am also able to touch things that are cool (not truly cold) and drink things that are room temperature (again, not refrigerated stuff), so those effects are abating as well. Thank goodness. I was getting tired of being tired and sleeping 18 hours a day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rose, feeling "normal" is wonderful, I can absolutely relate. Sometimes it's the little things that get me down, but it's just as likely to be the little things that lift me back up. I'm glad the new chemo isn't hitting you too hard and I hope you'll have plenty more days of feeling yourself and being able to do the things you want to. You're still in my thoughts.