Saturday, February 28, 2009

No Nap And Still Going

Well, what with one thing and another, I had no nap today and I am still going at 9:32 in the evening! I am amazed and kind of relishing this, despite the fact that I should probably go to bed now...but it is so nice to be awake like a normal person!

Last night I was subjected to a sweet little dictator, who demanded (out loud) "Mama's arm," at every turn, despite my gentle efforts to extract said arm. Therefore, partly because I feel so energetic, I decided that tonight was the perfect night to re-introduce the idea of Captain Adorable sleeping in his own bed. Ever since Costa Rica, where there really was no other choice in the places where we stayed (as previously discussed), he's been in our bed every night...to my comfort and sometimes to my dismay. I know I have said before how much I love sleeping with our son. How having his little body close by in bed is reassuring while we sleep, and how sleeping together can be a way of reconnecting when illness or chemo pulls us apart, and I think that napping together especially is irreplaceable. Anyhow, he's sleeping there now, even more sweet and cute because he is by himself in his sweet little bed.

Yes, I know I talked before about how I was going to sleep alone while on chemo, but that never happened (which I think is good and bad) but it has worked out fine, so I think we're not going to change the arrangement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
You may not want him to sleep with you for the first few days after chemo. My oncologist had advised that I stay away from children for a few days after chemo (and after PET scans). He said that the chemotherapy drugs (and pre-drugs) are particularly strong in sweat, and becomes residue on the skin that can be breathed or absorbed.
Just thought it might be of concern.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.