Friday, February 20, 2009

I Love My Husband

Here we are, in the chemo administration room. I have been stressed out and unhappy despite taking an Ativan before we left the house. He has been patient, accommodating, and has held himself between me and the world I wish not to be in. His chest and stomach were cried on and snotted on, and the comfort of his closeness and his arms around me, his fingers on my neck and upper back helps beyond almost anything. The IV is in my arm and the pre-meds are going in right now. More Ativan is also coming through the tube and it dulls me to my personal emotional pain.

3 comments:

Diana said...

And we love you, sweetie. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you....

I teared up reading this post...so sad that anyone has to go through this.....

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!
Sending lots of love your way.