Monday, December 28, 2009

My Day

I took the steroids again to premedicate myself for the CT scan starting last night. So, I was unable to fall asleep till 1:00 (am). I had to get up at 4:20 to take another dose (NCI uses a different protocol than JHH) and then up at 6:00 to shower and leave. Got to Ms. Breadwinner's place by 7:10 or so and to NCI by 7:30! So, Phlebotomy where they took 9 vials of blood and some urine, then to get an MRI. Then upstairs to talk to the nurse to get forms for Capt. Obvious and I to get extended visitors' passes. Then downstairs for the CT scan, which was supposed to happen at 11:20 but did not occur till 12:30 or so. So much for being so careful about premedicating myself. Then lunch. Then upstairs for the ECHO (ultrasound of the heart), then downstairs for an Arterial Blood Gas check (a nurse comes to draw blood from an artery to check your diffusion rate. Hurts.) Then an EKG. Then outta there at last. Asked Ms. Breadwinner to drive bc I was so tired. Stopped in at her place and gave her eldest son the crayon caddy Capt. Obvious made. Then back in the car to drive home. I was slapping myself in the face by the end of the drive to stay awake. An enthusiastic greeting from my darling Captain Adorable when I got home. Then a nap. Then food, then bed. Then got woken up by a sweet snugly little boy sleeping in my bed with me. Now awake with pounding headache.

Lost my cell phone. If you want to call me, try our home number. If you want the home number, email me. :)

Edited to add: I got home at about 5:15 in the evening and was asleep on the couch by 5:30.

No comments: