Sunday, December 30, 2007

Surrounded By Family Love

My parents are both still here, though my Dad has to leave today, boohoo. It is so nice to have them here. I feel so supported and surrounded by love when they are both here. Of course my Mom is wonderful just by herself, but I know it is nicer for her to have my Dad with her, so his presence is even more appreciated. And it is wonderful for Capt. Adorable to get to interact with his grandpa as well.

Speaking of Captain Adorable, last night it became obvious that he was teething and indeed, this morning we discovered that he has two more teeth bursting through his top gums. He now has 12 teeth! Of course, just like on the bottom, he has skipped the canines and has gone straight to pre-molars. We are going to have to buy some more Hylands...

My Dad has to leave today because he has to get home to take care of their house and their animals. They have 2 dogs and 2 cats and some kind friends have been taking good care of everything, but it is time for things to go back to normal. I do not know if I have mentioned that my parents live about 500 miles from my house. My mom is staying a few more days because I am still not quite up to being strong enough to be alone with the baby while Captain Obvious is at work all day. She will be back in time for the next treatment, of course...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you had the chance to spend time with your family like this. Hold on to all that warmth and love when the days seem hard.
I hope that 2008 will bring you strength and healing and plenty of good positive news.
love to you all,
amina

Amy said...

Happy New Year mama (hug) I'm glad you have the family you do to be with you through everything :)