Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cruising All Day Long

Captain Adorable is cruising cruising cruising (for those who don't know, cruising means walking around while holding on to something--the couch, the wall, et cetera). Every now and then he takes a couple of steps without holding on and often he drops down to crawl, but mostly he cruises. It is fun to watch him move around he room, especially now that he has so much open space to navigate. After dinner the captains were hanging out in the kitchen while I was reading some emails and he took several steps without holding on to anything. I guess this might be the beginning of walking...

I went to the organic market with the babe this afternoon and I was going to stop at the regular grocery store too, but he was unhappy in the car seat and all I wanted to do was go home and take him out. It is too bad he hates the car seat so much, but I can understand why. The car seat is the only place where he is strapped in and cannot move around. Even in the high chair he is not strapped in. Still, I can't take him to cool places if he won't sit in the car seat, or if he is totally unhappy in the car seat.

Napping is going very, very well lately. I sit in the glider (even though it is broken--it is far back enough that it works for us) and Capt. Adorable lies on my chest/stomach. He puts his little head on my chest and I cover us with a little blanket and rock and sing until he falls asleep. Lately he takes only minutes to fall asleep. This morning he slept for an hour and a half and this afternoon he slept for 2 hours. I hope I can teach my Mom to use this method to get Captain Adorable to sleep because goodness knows it is not sustainable for her to have to walk for 3 and a half to four hours per day! The tech is supposed to come evaluate what is wrong with the chair on Wednesday (oh, that's tomorrow), so I hope it can be fixed and that it can be fixed here (not sent away and have to be gone for a few weeks or something). We depend on that chair! Of course, when we were in Florida we did not have the chair and both Captain Obvious and I were able to get Captain Adorable to sleep, so I guess it can be done without the chair. The chair is just so convenient and so soothing...

At Captain Obvious' request, I baked chocolate chip cookies tonight after dinner. I do not find them all that tasty. Perhaps it is the chemo taste thing again. It seems like nothing tastes the same--everything tastes less than it used to, except water, which tastes chemically--even after it has gone through the filter...maybe I will have to start buying bottled water...we will see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's so nice to hear that he is snuggling up with you to fall asleep (even without the nursing now!) that's wonderful! thinking of you!